2024 OPEN CALL TO ARTISTS
Submission Details & Guidelines
CALL TO ARTISTS: Arch Enemy Arts is in search of new artists for our annual group showcase exhibition
scheduled to open in March 2024
A CALL TO ARTISTS is now open for a new group exhibition scheduled to hang for the month of March in 2024. This show is our annual spotlight exhibition of new and emerging talent, as chosen and curated by the Arch Enemy staff, with no themes or direction in subject matter allowing applicants to focus on their best personal work. Before submitting your work, understand that Arch Enemy Arts is a gallery dedicated to new contemporary genres with a strong focus on representational, dark surrealism, magical realism, post-graffiti, pop-surreal, illustrative, representational, and figurative work across a range of artistic mediums.
For examples of the kind of work we show, all of our past exhibitions can be viewed at www.archenemyarts.com.
If you believe we are the right gallery venue for your work, then this may be the show for you!
ELIGIBILITY: The 2024 Open Call is open to all artists aged 18+ regardless of location. International submissions are welcome!
ACCEPTED MEDIUMS: painting, drawing, digital, embroidery, sculpture, collage.
We do NOT accept submissions created with Midjourney, Dall-E, or any other AI generating software.
IMPORTANT DEADLINE DATES:
• Submission Deadline: Sunday, January 14th, 2024
• Notifications (for both accepted and rejected works) will be sent by end of day on Tuesday, January 23rd, 2024
For ACCEPTED ARTISTS:
• In-House Deadline for Accepted Submissions: Friday, February 16th, 2024
• Exhibition Opening: Friday, March 1st, 2023 from 5pm - 9pm EST
• Last day of exhibition: Sunday, March 31st, 2024
TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK TO THE 2024 OPEN CALL, you will be required to fill out & submit your application online below.
Each submission application (that allows 3 works per submission) will require a $15 non-refundable submission fee.
Please make sure you carefully read and understand all the guidelines provided below.
Failure to do so could lead to the disqualification of your submissions.
• Artists can submit up to THREE individual pieces of art per submission application. JPEGs are the only acceptable format.
• Artwork should be photographed on a solid color background (white preferred) with all display/framing visible.
• Images must be labeled as "last name.artworktitle.jpeg"
• Works submitted must be for sale.
• Works submitted must be recent (created within the last 3 years).
• Each submitted work will require the following label information in your application:
Title, Year Created, Mediums, Dimensions (for both the artwork & framing/display), Retail price, and exhibition history (if any).
"Mona Lisa" (2022)
acrylic on stretched canvas
12" x 20" framed to 14" x 24"
• Works submitted must be in excellent condition and wall ready for gallery exhibition (all hanging/display hardware must be attached/included).
• AEA maintains the right to exclude any piece of accepted art if the work arrives damaged, or was misrepresented in your submission.
• An artist bio will be required with your submission application.
• An Artist CV will be required with your submission application, if available. This should include listing any relevant education background,
awards and achievements, exhibition history and any current/past gallery representation (if any).
• AEA follows the industry standard for gallery commission rates and receives 50% of the sales price.
Shipping Information for ACCEPTED ARTISTS:
All accepted artworks will be shipped to the gallery at the artist's expense. Should the work remain unsold after the exhibition and consignment period, the artwork will be returned at the gallery's expense. Full details and a consignment agreement will accompany your acceptance notification.
If you have any questions about the submission process, email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.