THE 2021 OPEN CALL
IS NOW CLOSED
CALL TO ARTISTS:
Arch Enemy Arts is in search of new artists for a showcase exhibition
scheduled to open in March 2021
A CALL TO ARTISTS is now open for a new group exhibition scheduled to hang for the month of March in 2021. This show will be a spotlight exhibition of new and emerging talent, as chosen and curated by the Arch Enemy staff, with no themes or direction in subject matter allowing applicants to focus on their best personal work.
Before submitting work, understand that Arch Enemy Arts is a gallery dedicated to new contemporary work with a strong focus on pop surrealism, new contemporary, dark surrealism, lowbrow, photo-realism, figurative, urban, macabre, narrative, and illustrative styles of art. For examples, many of our past shows can be viewed at www.archenemyarts.com. If you believe we are the right platform for your work, then this may be the show for you!
• Submission Deadline: Monday, February 1st, 2021
• Notifications (for both accepted and rejected works) will be sent BY Monday, February 8th, 2021
• In-House Deadline for Accepted Submissions: Monday, February 22nd, 2021
Please be certain the piece(s) you submit are in excellent condition and displayed professionally for a gallery setting. Arch Enemy Arts maintains the right to exclude any piece even if it has been accepted for exhibition if it arrives damaged, if the condition or display of the work was misrepresented or withheld during submission.
Eligibility: Open to all artists 18+ regardless of location. International submissions are welcome!
1.) You may submit up to THREE pieces of available (for sale) current work. Images must be attached to your submission email in JPEG format and resized to 72 dpi with the shortest side measuring at least 500 pixels (images sized around 1000 pixels are best). Detail shots of your work are not required, but are always nice to see. DO NOT SUBMIT .ZIP FILES OR DROPBOX/GOOGLEDOC LINKS - if you do, your submission will be marked ineligible and disqualified from jurying.
** Please make sure your images are clear and your work is photographed against a white background. Image files must be labeled as “lastname.title.jpeg” **
2.) Please include the following information copied in the body of your submission email. Do not attach any documents or links containing this information. The only thing attached to your submission email should be images of your work.
• Artist Bio & all active social media links (Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr)
• Resume/CV - listing any education background (not required), awards and achievements, exhibition history and any current/past gallery representation.
• Piece Description - please give a short explanation of each submitted piece
• Inventory List - directly in the body of your email please list each piece submitted including: title, medium, dimensions, date, frame/display size and retail price (must include AEA’s 50% commission). Please make sure to include each piece's price & exhibition history (if any).
3.) A $15 non-refundable curatorial fee is due with your submission email. The $15 covers up to three pieces submitted in a package. There are two ways to pay:
- CREDIT CARD call the gallery at 215.717.7774 during normal gallery hours (Wednesday - Saturday, 12-5pm).
- PAYPAL (preferred), send $15 payment to with a note listing the name & email you submitted under
4.) Email your submissions to with the subject line reading “2021 OPEN CALL SUBMISSION”.
*If you list something else in the subject line, your email will likely be overlooked by our filter and be missed*
PLEASE make sure you've followed ALL the directions exactly as listed. Incomplete submission packages will not be reviewed or refunded.
**DO NOT ship works to the gallery during the submission process. If your work(s) are selected for exhibition you will be notified individually once all submissions have been reviewed.